Monday, April 11, 2011

powerpoint -- autism

I have always enjoyed making PowerPoint presentations. However, this one was different than ones I have made in the past. I never realized, until now, that an effective PowerPoint is rather simple. Keeping the wording simple allows viewers to focus on the main idea. Transitions are not necessary and they do not make the PowerPoint any more intriguing.
I chose to do my PowerPoint on autism. I have worked in daycares for several years. I have had only one encounter with an autistic child. He was a very smart, lovable and fun child. He was very interested in cars. He knew everything there was to know about cars and he was only eight years old. Ever since I met this young boy, autism has always fascinated me.
I believe that PowerPoint's are a very useful tool in the classroom. They allow the students to interact and create discussion. (Standard 3: Function 3A: Importance of Content and Function 3C: Questioning and Discussion Techniques). They can also be used in presentations to parents, faculty and/or staff.


Below is a link to my PowerPoint presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment