Thursday, January 26, 2012

Revisiting my Resume

I recently used a website called “RezScore” to help me evaluate my resume. My score was a “C,” meaning my resume is average. There is definitely room for improvement on my resume. According to this website, “a good resume tells your employer a powerful story about why you would be valuable to their company.” My brevity score was a 63/100. My resume wasn’t concise enough. When constructing a resume, you are to assume that the employer going over the resume has a short attention span. I got an 87/100 for my impact score and my depth score was a 99/100. I need to go back over my resume and make it have more powerful, but fewer words. Another thing that I need to fix is my references. I listed 3 references at the bottom of my resume. According to this website, you should not mention or provide references.
Below is a screenshot of my resume score, highlighting the areas that need improved.


No comments:

Post a Comment