Friday, February 3, 2012

DIIGO

Social bookmarking is a great tool! It allows you to easily save and share websites via the internet. After watching this short film, and reading this article, I was informed of three steps to improve my social bookmarking skills.
Step One: Tag & List. This feature allows you to easily tag, annotate, and highlight content that is directly on the web page.
Step Two: Connect & Engage. This allows you to join various groups. Within those groups, you can communicate and discuss with others.
Step Three: Get Personalized Content Recommendations. You can easily recommend bookmarks to friends and Diigo will suggest people that have common interests as you.

A Web 2.0 makes collaborating and sharing with others easy! It allows you to interact with each other in a social media dialogue as creators of user-generated content within a virtual community. By increasing what was already possible in Web 1.0, they provide the user with more user-interface, software, and storage facilities, all through their browser. Examples of Web 2.0 sites include, social networking sites, wikis, and blogs.

Social bookmarking is a method for internet users to store, manage, organize, and search for bookmarks of resources online. Social bookmarking is very useful and has many advantages. It can be used to store and retrieve websites promptly and from various computers. Another cool feature with social bookmarking is that it can rank a resource simply based on how many times it has been bookmarked by users. 

I already had a Diigo account from a previous class. However, it has been awhile since I logged into my account. Therefore, it took me awhile to figure out how to navigate and locate different items. I was able to figure out how to search for different articles and also add them to my library. I was also able to locate and follow a few friends, as well as join a few groups. I was also able to install Diigolet on my web browser. I added it on my laptop, and it was actually rather easy to do. I use a basic version of Internet Explorer. All I had to do was make sure my bookmark tab was visible and then drag the Diigolet button up to the toolbar. There was no downloading or installation required.

Below is a picture of my Diigo page. I pointed out the Diigolet button on my toolbar.

Diigo seems like a great tool. I'm excited to locate and joing new groups. I can't wait to get my library built up and add new articles to it! Here is a link to my current Diigo library.  I also added my Diigo URL to the link list, located to the right of my blog.


Technology Standard:
5. Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership:  participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment