Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Where I'm From Poem


Where I Am From


I am from a family that welcomes everyone with open arms.
From having many cousins and considering them your first best friends.
From friends, cheerleading, and football games.
I am from the tan house, nestled upon the hill.
I am from always having pets and considering them part of the family.
I am from the dust of four-wheelers and going to races every weekend.
From my parents Bill and Carrie.
From my little brother Justin.
I am from family vacations to the beach and big birthday parties.
From family gatherings and Christian beliefs.
I am from never missing a Sunday morning church service and always putting others before yourself
I’m from Crellin, Nan’s homemade noodles, and Mom’s pumpkin rolls.
From Sunday dinners, organized chaos and laughter from Pap’s jokes that made absolutely no sense.
I am from Mom’s unconditional love and Dad’s overbearing protectiveness.
I am from a small town where everyone dies famous.

1 comment: