Monday, February 13, 2012

Jing Image

I already had the Jing program downloaded to my computer. So, to start off this assignment, I watched a video that explained how Jing works. This video was a nice refresher since I haven’t worked with Jing in a while. After watching the video, I was able to capture and create the image below. I was able to use a search engine to find the image, and then I used some of the options in Jing, to add my own features to the image. I currently work at a daycare with young children, and I believe I would be able to use this image to help teach them about shapes and colors.


Jing is a very neat tool to have on your computer. It has several different options and features that make it very appealing to me. Jing allows you to create visual materials that could easily aid a teacher. Jing has different features that allow you to easily add additional text and images. Jing creates files in a .PNG format. You can easily save these files to any folder on your computer by clicking on the save button after you have fully completed all work and edits on your Jing capture. Jing saves all of your work into a history folder. To access the history folder, you can clock on the history button on the Jing sun logo. The history button is the one in the middle. If you screen cast an image, it will also show up in your Jing history. After screen casting, Jing will automatically generate a link that you can use to show off your image. If you would like to import a Jing image into a blog, just paste the link into your blog that was automatically generated for you. Or, you can import the image by selecting it from the folder you saved it to on your computer.




ISTE NETS T - Standard 3c. Model Digital-Age Work & Learning. Communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital-age media and formats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment